As one of the largest and fastest-growing Awarding Organisations in the UK, TQUK gets a lot of questions from potential Centres about how they can gain Centre Recognition.
Here, we’ll list all the different ways you can use to apply for Centre Recognition, along with everything you’ll need to have in place to be successful.
First, you need to get the process rolling. And in order to do that, you need to contact us.
One of the easiest ways to get started with your Centre Recognition journey is over email. All you have to do is send an email to TQUK outlining:
- who you are;
- which of our qualifications you want to deliver;
- details about your Centre;
- your official expression of interest; and
- your contact information, including your phone number.
Once you have submitted all the above information, a member of our Client Relationship Team will be in touch with you to discuss your needs and to explore how TQUK can help you.
Be sure to have your phone at hand – we respond to all enquiries within 24 hours!
If sending an email isn’t your style and you’d like to talk to someone over the phone, you can call 03333 583 344 to speak to one of our Client Relationship Officers about how we can best help you.
Through our Website
Another option you can use is to fill out our online form.
Simply complete all the fields and send off your request.
Once you have completed the form, our Quality Team will be in touch with you to discuss the quality assurance requirements related to the qualifications you want to deliver.
You can contact the Quality Team at any point during the Centre Recognition process if you have any questions or concerns.
Centre Recognition Form
Once your interest has been expressed to us, you will receive an email containing a username and password that will allow you to log into the TQUK Management Suite.
You can log into the Management Suite by going to our website and clicking on the blue icon at the top of the screen.
Simply enter your username and password from the email you received.
In the Management Suite, you can download and complete the Centre Recognition Form.
The form will ask you to include a lot of detail, including the policies and procedures you have in place and information about your staff.
Here are the policies and procedures you need to have in place in order to become a TQUK Recognised Centre:
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Appeals Procedure
- Complaints Policy
- Exam Invigilation Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Internal Quality Assurance Procedure
- Malpractice/Maladministration Policy
- Reasonable Adjustments and Special Considerations Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Public Liability Insurance
You can get in touch with our Quality Team if you have any questions about how to create these policies and procedures for your Centre.
You should also make sure you can provide evidence that your staff have the experience/qualifications to deliver, assess and/or internally quality assure TQUK Qualifications.
In general, Trainers/Assessors need:
- a regulated qualification at or above the level of the qualification in the areas of the course; and
- a regulated qualification in further and/or adult education.
Optional qualifications based on the course may include:
- Cert Ed/PGCE/B Ed/M Ed; and
Staff that want to undertake the role of Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) must possess, or be working towards, a relevant qualification. These qualifications could include:
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice;
- Level 4 Certificate in leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice;
- V1 Conduct internal quality assurance of the assessment process; and/or
- D34 Internally verify the assessment process.
Once all your paperwork has been submitted, one of TQUK’s External Quality Assurers (EQAs) will visit your Centre to ensure that you have all of the above resources, staff members and external quality assurance procedures in place to deliver and assess our qualifications.
The EQA may also check:
- safety requirements;
- initial assessment arrangements;
- Management of Conflict of Interest Procedures;
- staff interviews; and/or
- third party relationships.
It’s important to remember the EQA isn’t there to trip you up; they’re quality assurance professionals to help you meet all our quality requirements so that you can retain your Centre Recognition status. Don’t be afraid to ask your EQA questions about how you can improve.
Notification of Centre Recognition
If your EQA visit is successful, you will receive a notification email from TQUK of your Centre Recognition. This email will contain:
- a copy of TQUK’s Centre Handbook, a guide to operating as a TQUK Recognised Centre; and
- a digital Recognised Centre logo that you can use on your websites, Centre documents and other materials.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Have everything in one place before you start: Make sure you have all your documents, policies and staff in one place before you begin the process. It will help everything go smoothly.
- Let the person at your Centre with the most information about your organisation lead the Centre Recognition process: Doing so can save time in chasing down bits of information.
- Double-check that you’re applying for all the qualifications you’ll need: TQUK has a range of qualifications you can deliver. Make sure you’re applying to deliver all the qualifications you’ll need. Different qualifications involve meeting different requirements.
- Think about Qualification Development: We’re always interested in hearing from Centres that want to create new qualifications. If you have an idea for a regulated qualification that TQUK does not currently offer, get in touch with our Qualifications Team.
And that’s it! You are now a TQUK Recognised Centre and can start delivering TQUK qualifications. Well done!
We hope this made the Centre Recognition process easier to understand. If you have any questions, you can always email us or call 03333 583 344 to speak to our staff who are happy to help with anything you need!
See you out there!